Friday, June 13, 2008

Calling All Angels

The twins graduated from kindergarten today! They had a little graduation... nothing too big obviously because after all it is only kindergarten. But it was adorable. I'm going to put up a little video later of them singing. It's too cute. :)
Anyways, have any of you seen our garage? If you haven't (lucky you) or you don't remember it... our garage is a mess. There are tools, crafts, towels, what have you, all scattered all over the ground and on the shelves in no particular order. So tonight we started to clean it out. It started out horribly. The twins and Taylor were whining about having to help, my mom was frustrated, and my dad and I were arguing. He didn't have a plan of how he wanted to go about cleaning and organizing the garage and I need at least a little bit of a plan so I don't feel overwhelmed. So it started out really crappy but at least it ended well. My dad started to organize his tools while my mom and I started organizing the rafters into groups/piles.

And guess what I found?! A really cool older phone! I'm going to fix it up and use it in my dorm next year since cell service is terrible. This way my conversations won't drop in my own room. Here's a picture of the phone after at least 20 minutes of using my dad's air compressor, a wet rag, and some mild electrical cleaner.



YEAH!





Unfortunately, the cord is severed.

So my dad found a normal telephone cable for me so I could use some of his tools and cut off one of the jacks and then strip the covering off the wires so we could just hook it up ourselves... but when I took off the cover... this was inside--->

Of course. This telephone uses one of the older style four wire cables. That's gonna be fun to hook up later! With my daddy's guidance o' course. Doesn't it look cool though?! Here's some more pictures of the inside. The little bells sounds awesome!


Think it'll work?


Maggie Mae loves laying like this. It cracks me up every time I see her.
Wildabeasts are vegetarians? Hahaha, whoooops.

3 comments:

Padfoot240 said...

Sweet phone.
Maybe if your dad fixes it he can help me fix my TV.

Cory said...

if your dad doesn't have a soldering iron, just let me know. you guys can borrow mine. We also have some of those wire covers you heat up that shrink around the chord and look all fancy like.

Anonymous said...

Maggie May looks like she has been paralyzed from the waist down. :(

I read somewhere that using an old-fashioned phone with a cord uses WAY less electicity than a cordless phone. I didn't understand the explanation of why, but I thought it was kinda cool. :)