Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Happy Tuesday!

My mom recently lent me a book called "Eat This Not That! The Supermarket Survival Guide". If you're interested in taking some small steps to eat healthier (and save money!) then this is definitely the book for you. There is a plethora of information in this book that is helpful and easy to understand. One of the best features of this book are the pages that look like this:

(Note: The newer edition that I have is a little better set up than this page. But this was the only picture I could find on google. I'm lazy and didn't want to take a picture of mine.)

This is a side by side comparison of different products that you actually see in the grocery store. The right side shows the healthier options while the left side shows the unhealthier options. I won't even tell you how many times I had bought a product that was on the unhealthier side because it looked healthier to me. Packaging and marketing are so sneaky! Now I take the time to read the labels and not be fooled by words like "natural" and "organic". It is so cool to see how easy it is to decrease your intake of extra sugar and saturated fat just by choosing a different brand.

Anyways, after reading about peanut butters I decided to make my own.

The ingredients. There are only four!


Then you need a container for your peanut butter when it's done...I used an old peanut butter jar for convenience.


Put 15oz of peanuts, a tsp of salt, and 2 tsp of honey in a food processor:


Then grind it UUUUUPPPPP for a couple of minutes. Slowly add in 1 tbsp of peanut oil and keep on grindin' until it turns into that yummy peanut buttery consistency. Grind longer for creamier peanut butter. And there you have it. Homemade peanut butter.

1 comment:

Cory said...

Peanut Butter De Yang. I can see it on shelves already!