Tuesday, January 12, 2010

2010 Baby... 2010

The new year always comes with a new set of expectations. People thinking the year is going to be great, people thinking the year is going to suck, and people who think the world will end within the year so who really cares about anything.

Oh, what are my expectations you ask? Such a good question my cricket. My expectations for the year 2010 (said twenty-ten, thank you very much)... my expectations are high. I know there will be rough patches and times where it will feel like it would be impossible to get up and try again... but I will. And so will you.

There were no specific new year resolutions made for me this year. But here's what I've been doing and what I'd like to try.

1. As most of you know, I bought a guitar. Yep, it's lovely, blah blah blah. Too bad it hasn't had a good tune played on it yet! Teaching yourself the guitar is harder than I thought. Fortunately a good music teacher for the summer has been found (only $20 for a 30 minute lesson).
2. My longly-lusted-after plan of traveling around Holland/Europe this summer is unfortunately impossible. I need to take some summer school classes so senior year can be as chill as possible. However I still started learning how to speak Dutch. It's slow going but even the slow learning I'm doing gives me satisfaction that Spanish never could have given.
3. More activity. See the next bullet. This Christmas break wasn't horrible as far as activity goes.
4. What I've been doing/would like to do more of are (in no specific order)
- Raquetball (high energy activity... yes please!)
- Kickboxing (again... high energy plus music plus feeling like a badass. It's hard to resist)
- Trampoline jumping (no explanation needed0
- Surfing (yes, early in the morning. or early morning beach runs. The peacefulness/beauty is too much to pass up)
- Basketball (Good time, competition, talking about life, and making someone my HO, HOR, or HORS? I'm all for that action)
- Beach volleyball (It's volleyball)
- Dancing (real dancing, so I can learn how to dance like a black person)
5. Learn and memorize at least 10 "yo momma" jokes to be pulled out at random (but awesome) times.
6. Not just READING my Bible but reading for understanding. Reading for the hidden meaning, reading for a purpose, reading to TRY and understand God better, reading to form my own ideas. It's all deadly in a good way.
7. Eating better, blah blah blah. Here's the real plan: don't buy food that is CRAP for your body. Will I ever give up chocolate? That's a silly question. NO. But eating it less is alllllll good baby.
8. Keep up involvement with my friends’ lives. This semester is going to be much busier than last semester and it’s going to be very easy to not hang out with people because I have other things to do. Yes, I will have certain school obligations but good organization is key to make sure everything stays under control so I CAN hang out. Sophomore year will NOT be repeated.
There's a lot more. But this post is long enough already.

Let me just say... this semester is going to be busy. And fun. And hard (that’s what she said). And the best one ever.

1 comment:

rebekah said...

I want to go surfing with you!!