Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Movies

Movies are awesome. Take You've Got Mail. Such a great feel-good movie, with an ending that makes me cry every single time. The story is a composition of romance and comedy. That is just the best kind of movie there is.
There is some sort of fascination in the world with movies that have shootings, blood, and just plain scary stuff! Why would I EVER want to watch one of those movies? Everytime I see one, I get a little more freaked out of the world. Each time I see a movie like that it becomes a part of me. It really does. It does for all of us.
Give me a funny movie, a romance movie, an inspirational movie, a family movie, a disney movie, a ______ movie and I'll take it. Just exclude the scary movies. Except the dirty movies. Those can burn. :]

Some great and awesome movies:
You've Got Mail
Sleepless in Seattle
Remember the Titans
When Harry Met Sally
Grease
Stick It
Raising Helen
13 Going On 30
Legally Blonde
Austin Powers

Movies are great. But don't base your whole life around them.
Society needs to stop pushing the envelope farther and farther. Pretty soon our movies will be like those in 1984 and by then the world will be loving them. Pretty scary.

The girls of Stick It

While on the bus last night, Sarah and I were talking about dating and kissing and what is okay. What is okay????? That requires some serious thought, and some serious asking yourself what God says is okay.

3 comments:

Padfoot240 said...

Carly Patterson went to the Stick It premiere.

Amy said...

padfoot is in love with carly patterson still...but he won't admit it to himself. it's sad.

J said...

Honestly, I don't really like mushy movies or chick flickys. (As I call them)
I do enjoy the suspense, though I do see your point regarding the life changing experience of watching blood and gore leading to a scary and horrible ending.
Some, the ones that aren't cheesy are good though.
I want to see Stick It but I haven't yet. Heard it was good though.

Your Cuz,
J