Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Bored before practice...

Today was a fun day... especially since we had a Senior Meeting! Wooo hoo! Get out of calculus for a good ten minutes! :) I'm driving on Friday too so nobody hit me! I don't know where we should go either. Where? Where? I don't know!
I was listening to KFI (John and Ken) and I heard something about a raid in Colorado. There were a lot of illegal immigrants working in a factory and the government heard about it and made a raid one morning. Apparently the family (also illegal) of some of the workers came to show their disapproval. One woman stood with her one-year old daughter holding a sign that said "Goodbye Daddy, I love you!" The same woman was interviewed later, she doesn't see why her husband should be sent back to Mexico. He can't send them money from Mexico, and her daughter will be losing her dad. "My daughter didn't do anything wrong, and yet she loses her father."
Ummm... actually her daddy was in the wrong. He committed identity theft to work in the factory. Go home! My goodness, this country doesn't owe you anything!!!!
...........
On a happier, less angry note the weather (though a bit cold) has been pretty nice. We even had rain!! I love hearing it outside my window when I go to bed. It's awesome. And I need to start carrying my camera with me because the scenery is so pretty right now.

AND college applications are well over and I am just relieved. The only thing left to do is wait... and that isn't hard at all! Waiting is a good thing, just enjoy life while you wait!!

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
-Philippians 4:6-7

1 comment:

Padfoot240 said...

O_O
You listen to KFI?!

My respect for you has gone up 15 million points.