Tuesday, June 19, 2007

So I said to myself...

Why not do a crazy thing and post BEFORE I start getting all these dead blog warnings? It's a pretty good idea if I do say so myself.
So the first days of summer have been pretty lazy (with the exception of the awesome go-kart racing yesterday) and already I can feel myself settling down and getting comfortable in summer. Luckily I made myself promise that this summer wouldn't be too lazy, that I would still stay on top of things. And there is a lot to do.
My dad built a cool treehouse/clubhouse thing. The twins put around 10 pillows, three blankets, and a sleeping bag in there so I decided to sit up there for about four hours and finish a book my mom got me for graduation. It's called "The Last Summer (of You & Me)" by Ann Brashares, the same woman who wrote the Traveling Pants books. And this book was really good too. I think it was much better than the pants books but in a different way. It was all about moving forward, to not be afraid of the future. The message wasn't said in the traditional way either, you could just see it through the characters, etc. I would recommend it.
My graduation gift from my parents is going to be a laptop, and it will be a mac (apple). If anybody has some COMPELLING reason why that would not be a good thing then tell me because I would like to know. :)
Some pictures of the cozy nest:





6 comments:

Padfoot240 said...

The macbook is fine unless you are seriously interested in computers. If you are just going to use it for typing, internet, and having it be user friendly that's fine. Which I believe you are using it for.

It also depends if you are getting a macbook or a macbook pro.
I would get a mac over Windows Vista, it stinks, but I still say PC's are better than macs. Not to say Mac's are terrible pieces of hardware, they just don't offer me as much tools and such that I use in computer science.

Anonymous said...

There you go, compelling reasons to GET a Macbook. Trust me, even if you're somewhat serious, you'll be really happy with a Macbook. As long as you're not crazy into computer science and hardware like Kevin is.

and I can't believe you posted. AMAZING.

jenny! said...

hello jillian! that's a pretty sweet clubhouse. are you sore from racing? i am. well, i'm also getting a compy as well and have been considering a mac. i'm unsure of what i want and have come to a solution- postponing to buy a laptop until right before i go to school.

J said...

Honestly I can't even tell you whether I like Mac or PC more, I use them for different purposes. You can basically download the majority of programs on the PC onto the Mac. I would choose a PC just because that's what I've had since forever, but Mac's not bad at all.

And yeah, Vista's stupid.
(For the exception of the game Inkball which is addicting! I play it on my Mom's computer sometimes!)

rebekah said...

Coolio, Jillian!

I am also getting a laptop as a grad gift from my parents.

Hooray for a live blog!

sunada said...

the mac is way better for multimedia stuff (ie. pictures, videos, music, etc.). that's what they gear the macs toward.

if kevin's influence is starting to take its hold on you then you want a pc. a pc is way better for gaming (star craft).