Monday, October 23, 2006

Saturday

Saturday was a day filled with fun, laughter, volleyball, and tears. EARLY Sunday morning (Friday night if you want to be picky) was super fun because I went paintballing with some awesome friends. It was so much fun. And I got 8th!! (so much better than getting last place like kevin).
Then I had a volleyball tournament on Saturday so I was at school bright and early at 6:15 am. That was NOT fun and NOT something that I care to repeat thank you very much. I actually got there at 6:18 am got out of my car. I grabbed my iPod (very unusual) just in case I wanted a quick listen on the bus, locked my car, and got on the HUGE bus. Then our entire team waited for our late late late coach before calling him at 6:30 am. He told us to leave without him because he was running really late. This is not unusual so the bus driver reluctantly agreed to drive us up to Marlborough (over an hour away) with no adult on the bus.
Once we finally got to the tournament and got our coach the whole day was pretty fun. We dominated in pool play but lost in playoffs to a team that had five players over 6'. We could have beaten them but it feels better to know that they were giants. After that I have to hitch a ride back to school with Ashlyn because I forgot that the bus doesn't stay the whole day. So we drive back and cruise into the parking lot at around 6 pm. That's when I looked around and realized that............

..............my car was gone.

So we called the police and I started crying. And then I thought of all the stuff that I had in my car and I started bawling. Of course I waited until my mom was there and I demanded a hug from her. It was horrible. I just kept thinking of some strange person in my car, driving it around, getting his dirty hands all over everything that I own. Or owned. A list of what was in my car:

  1. Pink leopard print overnight bag. the cutest thing EVER
  2. facewash, toner, and lotion
  3. GOOD foundation
  4. favorite blush
  5. some makeup brushes
  6. my favorite jeans
  7. a very nice thing from victoria secret (dang it!!!)
  8. 2 expensive hardcover school books
  9. favorite pajamas
  10. other makeup (i dont want to list it off)
  11. necklace
  12. memories

and there was one other thing in there.

Tom's football jersey. Yep, when I remembered that... I'd really rather not say what happened when I remembered that. But I felt awful. Horrible, horrible, horrible. But I was also thankful. As my mom pointed out, I'm physically okay. My car wasn't taken from me at gunpoint. I wasn't in an accident of any kind. Nothing but material possessions had been taken. And she was (and is) completely right. I thank God so much that what was taken was only material possessions. My family, my friends, and I am still okay. Whew, that felt a lot better to think about.And now there is a rental car parked in front of my house, a silver Jeep Liberty.

This is a great song.

Better Is One Day

Matt Redman

Psalm 84

How lovely is
Your dwelling place

O Lord Almighty

For my soul longs and even faints for You

For here my heart is satisfied

Within Your presence

I sing beneath the shadow of Your wings

Better is one day in Your courts

Better is one day in Your house

Better is one day in Your courts

Than thousands elsewhere

One thing I ask and I would seek

To see Your beauty

To find You in the place

Your glory dwells

My heart and flesh cry out

For You, the living God

Your spirit's water to my soul

I've tasted and I've seen

Come once again to me

I will draw near to You

I will draw near to You

5 comments:

Padfoot240 said...

Er, I think you mean that we went Laser Tagging, not paintballing, and that I got First Place in our game, not last, and that I got Second Place for the entire day's scores.
Yea, I'm pretty sure you meant that.

Thank God that you werent car jacked at gunpoint! Or hurt. Or had your iPod in there. That would be infinte times worse.

Favorite line: My Heart and Flesh Cry Out.

Hoping you get your car back!

Jillian said...

oops. lol. i did mean laser tagging. but i was right about everything else. :)
and yes we WILL beat that man to a pulp.

J said...

Wow! That is just plain scary!
I would completely freak out!
But it is a good thing that no one was hurt. And I know this may be hard to think about, but everything happens for a reason. I can't really think of a reason as to why your car was stolen, but I bet God can. Maybe they'll find your car! I really hope so!

Also--
Thank you so much for the comment you left on my blog! That really made my day! I've had the blog since January of '04. Well, have a good day! Better than that day at least!

Amy said...

bummer about your car and all the stuff in it. sorry to hear that.

Andrew Robinson said...

Thats a tragedy. Seriously.