Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween!

Today was beyong weird in Environmental Science. Miss Delaney was being extremely serious about Halloween. She asked us if we knew the reasons why people celebrate Halloween. Our answer was for CANDY of course! But nope that isn't the reason. Apparently the majority of people celebrate Halloween so they can worship the devil and practice their wicca. And the witches and warlocks put curses on all the people who come to their doors.
Maybe it is just me, but when I was a youngin' I celecrated Halloween for one reason and one reason ONLY. The candy. And more candy. I bet that the majority (the majority of the majority of the majority) "celebrate" Halloween because they enjoy dressing up like weird (sometimes slutty) people/things.
She also said that there were people out there that are praying right now that some harm would befall us. Now isn't that a cheerful thought. Now I get to spend my Halloween trick-or-treating with my brother and sister paranoid that some creepy person is going to sneak up behind me or them and snatch me/them away.
That's fun.

So instead I will simply be careful and say a prayer over my brother and sister's candy to de-witchitize it. Have a Happy Halloween! Watch The Nightmare Before Christmas or Hocus Pocus!

3 comments:

Amy said...

HAHA!!! How did you know I fall down laughing????

Hey, happy halloween! I always celebrated the candy too. And I don't know if I believe that about all the wiccans and stuff cursing people. I mean maybe there are people who do that, but it doesn't change the fact that our God is already victorious. So I hope you weren't too freaked out tonight!

Padfoot240 said...

Hocus Pocus! Great!

Miss Delaney is....

Chuck Norris pumpking won first place!

J said...

So sweet! Very funny!

Your teacher seems to tell it like it is. I agree with Amy, God will be victorious. Witches and wicca are definately real. It's a sad but true fact.

Candy is the reason for Halloween though! Even though I don't celebrate it. I've never trick-or-treated before.

I must say I am surprised you used the term "youngin". lol

I hope the twins enjoyed their halloween! And that they enjoy it next year!

BYE!
Ur cuz from da South, (who does plan to move near u when shes older cuz cali beats the south)
J