Saturday, April 05, 2008

Pressing On

Five more weeks left of school!? Right now, even that piece of information is not soothing. Because I honestly don't know how I'm going to survive another five weeks of this stress-ball. I have two tests, two projects due, and my research paper all due next week. But that's not the only thing happening. I have to have surgery this summer on my nose. There is an interesting situation with a guy right now (not what you think I promise). I hurt my back, can't play volleyball for another week, and according to my chiropractor I have to slow down. Apparently when females injure their lower back on the right side it is because they are mentally and physically exhausted and striving for perfection. Is that a bunch of crap? I'm hoping so. And just thinking about next year... it's too much. It's all so freaking stressful.

Edit
Thank goodness I was able to come home this weekend. My parents are the best people ever. They help me see things in perspective and I'm not afraid to cry in front of them. They also helped me to realize that I'm thinking too much about the future. My dad told me that worrying about the future too much just ruins today. He's so right. At least when you worry about the things you can't control in the future. So I've decided to take things as they come, go with the flow, roll with the punches. Lucky for me I have great friends (like you!), great family, and a great God. Of that I have no doubts. Thanks for listening to me vent/stress out here. It doesn't happen too often.

BRING IT ON!!!! :)

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. "
James 1:2-6

4 comments:

J said...

Wayy cool of you to think positive towards the future.
I'm sure you'll do fine!!
:D

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a bunch of crap to me. When females injure their lower back on the right side, I think it's because SOMETHING HAPPENED THERE THAT HURTS.

Kinda like when you break your arm. It's not because you're stressed.

Awwwww, Jillian... here's a big *hug* coming through the computer. I miss you! But only five weeks! You can do it!!!

Jillian said...

hahaha that's exactly what I told my parents Rebekah. I <3 you mucho.

Padfoot240 said...

Run the race and never grow weary!!
WOOOHOOOO!

You have 5 weeks left...
I have 10 weeks left...
So look at the bright side.