Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Baby, It's a Fact

EDIT
I thought this was hysterical. Maybe it's true, maybe it's not... but it's worth a read.
---------

This week has already been so busy! Monday was the worst. I had class from 8:30-2:20pm continuously, then from 2:30-3:30pm I observed at the ECLC (Early Childhood Learning Center), and then at 3:45 I went to a meeting with the volleyball team to meet our new coach. Yep, we finally got a new coach after all of the crazy drama of firing our old one. What's my impression of her you ask? I'll get to that. :) After that was over (around 4:30pm) I went back to my dorm room for 10 minutes and then went to a pre-nursing dinner from 5-6:50ish. The nursing dinner was so awesome! We got free food (pizza, drinks, and some cookies) and then we rotated around in four different stations. We used a miniature ultrasound machine at one station and at another station we learned how to take the blood pressure of a patient using these really cool manikins (yep, you can actually spell it like that). We put the cuff on the "patient's" arm and then used the stethoscope, etc to determine the blood pressure. The cool thing was that the nurses could change the blood pressure of the manikin with a push of a button. Apparently you can also change the way their heart sounds and a bunch of other stuff so the nurses can practice with them and have new situations each time. I think they can even say a few things. Creepy!

On to the new volleyball coach. She looks a bit like Mandy Moore, a woman at my church, and my older sister Nicole all rolled into one. She is very bold, and she says what she means. Yesterday we had our first practice with her but she didn't really say a lot. We mainly played against each other (2-on-2, 4-on-4, etc) so she could see how we played. I felt like a fish in a tank. Just being watched. I did pretty good though so I wasn't really thinking about her. AND I haven't actually talked to her one-on-one. That's tomorrow at noon. O.O eeeeeee......

Anyways, this week is going well. I just recently discovered this song (the title of the post) by Hellogoodbye one day when Allyse randomly played it. It's a good one. As is Curbside Prophet by Jason Mraz. And Sunday Morning by Maroon 5. Yesterday wasn't super exciting. I left my night Old Testament class an hour early because I thought I was going to be sick. But Peter, Patrick, and Sarah came over and it was a ton of fun, even though I did get owned in every card game known to man/woman. Ouch. Tomorrow should be a lot of fun though. My hall is going to go to Yogurt Express (THE BEST YOGURT PLACE EVER) for dessert to celebrate S.A.D! :)

HAVE FUN EVERYONE!

4 comments:

Trento said...

its all about yogurtland.

that is all.

Padfoot240 said...

Dude, that article is so true!
On the other hand, people do get married in WoW. So maybe it tears some people apart but brings some together? Either way, he played way too much.

Yogurtland is the best.

cristina said...

"best yogurt place ever"
that hurts jillian... how could you ever put anything before goldenspoon. ouch.
haha, but i still love you.

Jillian said...

I don't know you guys... Yogurt Express lets you put on your own toppings, and mine was only around $2.25. And I got A LOT of stuff.