Wednesday, February 06, 2008

There's a Calm I Can't Explain

At the risk of becoming a dead friend (Jaws music plays) I am finally posting again. I really do apologize about my lack of posting. I know how disappointing it is to check someone's blog only to have it be the same freaking post from ages ago. It's a terrible feeling.
So tonight was open dorm! Most of you are probably laughing. Please do. Personally I find the rules of open dorm to be hysterical. And you do want to hear them.
1. Keep the door open at all times.
2. The overhead light must be on at all times unless watching a movie, then a small lamp (that can still illuminate all against-the-covenant-actions) will suffice.
3. Both feet must be on the ground at all times.
Pretty sure there are more but I can't think of them right now. Laughing at these rules is fine. I laugh, but I really like this "open dorm" thing we have. Well, I like the fact that there are only certain times when guys can be in our hall.
There are multiple reasons why it is such a good thing! The first is that I don't have to worry about running into some poor guy when I'm going to the shower with only my towel and flip-flops on. It's uncomfortable; trust me it happened one time when I didn't know it was open dorm. I promise I really didn't. I also don't have to worry about other clothing issues, etc because I know that it's not important in a dorm full of girls. My room doesn't have to be clean all the time. Period. And the last reason I'm going to mention involves room wars. Allyse and I were in a room war not too long ago. Luckily, only Allyse was really involved in it; meaning she locked two guys out of their room (with help from Kelsey), "destroyed" their room in a creative way, and left. In return she had her closet locked shut. And Kelsey had her closet locked shut with her comforter inside. :) Good times, good times.
Anyways, tonight was open dorm for my hall. Good old Klassen hall. It's the best hall in case you were wondering. Some people came over and we (me, Allyse, Peter, Andrew, Candyce, Nick, and Sarah) watched a bit of a movie, then we got bored and played Apples to Apples. I mostly lost... but I won the last game. Which, as we all know, is the only one that counts!

3 comments:

justineeee said...

aww jillian!!! you thought of me... <3 :]

open dorm sounds like fun...

Padfoot240 said...

Close call there on being dead!

Amusing rules, but probably for the best...well probably so the rest of PL doesn't turn into the Prescott prayer chapel!
:X

cristina said...

i love those rules... oh my goodness they are amazing. both feet on the ground? hilarious... does that mean no jumping? what's fun without jumping? haha