Friday, February 29, 2008

Island in the Sun

It is now officially spring break for all the cool kids at Loma! I've been home since Wednesday night, so it's old news to me. :)
But the reason why I went on break early was because I had an appointment with Dr. Kim, an ear, nose, and throat doctor. I had an appointment for 9:45am and I ended up actually seeing the Doc at 10:55am. What the freak?! It's a little something called overbooking... DON'T do it! But it wasn't really that bad. I got to fill out all those forms that my mom used to fill out, and my mom and I got to (quietly) make fun of some of the crazies in there. It was pretty darn entertaining. Sadly, there is actually something wrong with me. I have what is called an internal nasal collapse, which is why it can be hard for me to breathe during practice, why I get light-headed sometimes, etc. The really crappy thing is that there is really nothing-- not even surgery-- that can be done to fix it. It's just how I was born. So the Doc said maybe nasal spray would help a little bit, told me to stay on my Claritin, and said to use those breathe-right strips when I work out. Yep. I'm supposed to wear this when I work out. That's gotta be bad for my self-esteem somehow. Of course I had to try some of those bad boys on... so I'm wearing one now. I look ridiculous but it really does help. Anybody wanna decorate some for me to wear? ;)

But in better news......... I'm flying to Maui at 9am on Saturday! REALLY SOON! And that means I get to try and beat my Dad at surfing. It's gonna happen this time. Fo' reals yo! G'YEAH! And I got my bangs cut today for free. It's embarrassing to admit but... I had a mini photo shoot. So here is a picture! I can't put the actual picture up or else I'll feel like a bigger camera whore. Ugh.

Happy early birthday Rebekah!!!!!! :)



I think we're going somewhere.
We're on to something good here.
Out of mind, out of state.
Trying to keep my head on straight.
I think we're going somewhere.
We're on to something good here.
There's only one thing left to do.
Drop all I have and go with you.
-"Pressing On" by Relient K-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is an adorable picture of you!

You lucky girl, in Maui. I am SO jealous!

Thanks for the birthday wish! :)

Cory said...

I will gladly tag some breathe right strips for you. I will make them all look like your nose got busted or something. you need to keep those of us who never know when you are on break in the loop you know. I don't get off till the 31st. poor me.